As suggested by the name, 24 port PoE switch contains 24 ports that support up to a gigabit per second transfer speed on each of its ports. They are implemented with the Power over Ethernet technology that provides both the power supply to the PD (powered device) and network connectivity over the Ethernet cable.
Generally, they can efficiently power wireless access points, IP phones, surveillance cameras, and many other devices across the Ethernet cable. Moreover, they can connect multiple devices like servers, computers, or game systems to a LAN, as well as power devices like DVRs and 4K HDTVs to directly connect to the Internet without requiring Wi-Fi. The stable and fast data transfer allows these PoE switches to efficiently expand network capacity and boost your LAN speed. Go through the article below to pick the best 24 port PoE switch in 2023-2024.
List of The Best 24 Port PoE Switch
Check out the thorough reviews of the best 24 port PoE switch in 2023-2024 below.
The NETGEAR GS524PP PoE Switch can be the best 24 port PoE switch for you if you want to power and connect wireless access points, VoIP phones, IoT devices, and IP cameras. It provides the perfect cost/PoE budget ratio and therefore proves to be cost-effective and powerful.
It supports rackmount or desktop placement. Its passively cooled fanless design suggests that its operation produces zero noise irrespective of its location. So, it is a perfect switch to consider for your home and business environment. It boasts an easy plug-and-play setup and no need to install or configure any software. This setup mechanism contributes to reliable and secure Internet connectivity. All required mounting hardware is included in the pack. NETGEAR’s limited lifetime warranty is included.
- It contains 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 24 PoE+ ports having a total power budget of 300W.
- Auto-balancing features let each port use only the power it requires.
- The passively cooled fan design protects your business environment.
- It guarantees interoperability with any standards-based powered devices.
Pros And Cons
Each of the 24 PoE+ (802.3at/af) RJ45 ports in this TP-Link PoE switch provides up to 30W power output. They can operate at any of the three speed options namely: 10/100/1000 Mbps. Moreover, four Gigabit SFP slots are included to support high-speed connections. The pack contains accessories like a power cord, rackmount kit, installation guide, and rubber feet.
- The total PoE power budget of the switch is 250W.
- Omada SDN platform adds network devices like access points, switches, and gateways with three control options. These options are namely Omada Software Controller, Omada Hardware controller, and Standalone Mode.
- Omada app and Remote cloud access offer centralized cloud management of the entire network at various sites. Cloud management takes place from a single interface anytime, anywhere.
- The cutting-edge security features implemented are IP-MAC-Port binding, 802.1Q VLAN, ACL, DoS defend, Port Security, DHCP Snooping, 802.1X radius authentication, Storm control, and more.
- The cutting-edge software features implemented are traffic prioritization and transmission of superior quality voice or video data with IGMP Snooping, L2/L3/L4 QoS, Flow Control, and Link Aggregation.
- IGMP Snooping improves multimedia traffic delivery to provide an enhanced network experience.
- QoS is useful to administrators who can choose traffic priority. It helps them to prioritize their IP phones or cameras to guarantee lag-free transmission in video and voice applications.
Pros And Cons
The easy-to-use and intuitive GUI interface and efficient network management make the NETGEAR GS324TP one of the best 24 port PoE switches. The mentioned interface benefits you with advanced control and configuration.
It is prepared in a contemporary desktop design to appear exquisite in any home or office. Moreover, it is rigorously tested to ensure quality, performance, and reliability. You can mount the switch in rackmount or desktop placement. All mounting hardware you may need is available in the pack. A 5-year limited hardware warranty from Netgear is also included.
- It contains 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 24 PoE+ ports having a total power budget of 190W. Two 1G SFP ports are also included.
- The built-in Smart software boasts an easy-to-use interface. It offers managed to control for safe access, setup, and SNMP (NMS 300) management.
- The power consumption is limited due to the IEEE802.3az compliant energy-efficient design.
- The acoustic noise level is @25C (dBA)- 32.8 dBA.
- It is implemented with various traffic management features like Auto Negotiation of speed and duplex modes, IEEE 802.3x Flow Control, Dynamic MAC address management, IEEE 802.1Q-based VLAN, Auto Voice VLAN, Auto Video VLAN, QoS (based on strict priority, WRR, or both), Port-based and IEEE 801.2p-based QoS, DiffServ, TCP/UDP-based QoS, DSCP Support, Rate Limiting (ingress, or egress), Link Aggregation and LACP.
- Various switch management features implemented are web browser-based management GUI, IP Access List, Smart Control Center Software for multi-switch management, Configurable Management VLAN, SNMP v1/v2c and v3, Standard MIBs (RFC1213, RFC1643, and RFC1493), RMON group 1, 2, 3, 9.
- Other switch management features are Firmware Upgrade through Smart Control Center (TFTP), Firmware download (to switch) and upload (to server) through TFTP/HTTP, System password protection, Memory & FLASH log, Syslog (server), and registration via NETGEAR Insight App.
Pros And Cons
The MokerLink PoE switch can be one of the best 24 port PoE switches in terms of power and data transmission efficiency. This is because it supports maximum PoE power of up to 400W. The built-in power supply simplifies the installation process. It contains 24 PoE ports that support either 10Mbps or 100Mbps speed. The two Gigabit UpLink ports support three speed options namely 10Mbps, 100Mbps, or 1000Mbps. They provide wide bandwidth and connect to devices like NVRs, routers, etc. The installation is straightforward with the built-in power supply. Simply plug in the power cord and directly connect the Ethernet cable to your device.
- It is IEEE802.3af/at protocol compatible. So, it determines and provides the precise power supply to your devices with a power output of up to 30W.
- The Power Detection function allows the switch to automatically identify devices. It allows you to use the switch with non-PoE devices to support data connectivity.
- In the Extend mode, the PoE port’s connectivity range can be stretched up to 250 meters and the maximum speed would be 10 Mbps. This mode facilitates traffic isolation to improve the port bandwidth utilization and occurrence of discontinuity in surveillance networks.
Pros And Cons
This Ubiquiti PoE managed switch is a configurable layer 2 gigabit switch comprising 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports. It offers Gigabit fiber uplink options to connect an enterprise network and Gigabit PoE links to connect RJ45 Ethernet devices.
- This managed PoE switch has 24 ports including 16 auto-sensing 802.3at PoE+ ports, 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and two SFP ports.
- It is designed with IP00 International Protection Rating.
- The 1.3 inches LCM touchscreen indicates status information.
- The depth of the compact fanless design is 7.9 inches. So, the switch can be easily deployed in a SOHO rack cabinet.
- UniFi Network application comes with UniFi mobile app support to manage and configure the switch’s features in GUI.
- Multiple advanced Layer 2 switching features and protocols including operation mode (mirroring, switching, or aggregate) per port are implemented.
- A two-year warranty against factory flaws is included.
Pros And Cons
This Cisco 24 port PoE switch combines the simplicity of the use of smart switch and the cost-effectiveness of an unmanaged switch, which is simple and affordable for business-class network. It is competent to set up a powerful business network with its multiple PoE options, mobile app support, and intuitive dashboard. They streamline network operations and optimize the setup, monitoring, and lifecycle management of all your Cisco devices.
Its compact and elegant design is perfect for installation at the exterior of the wiring closet. So, this Cisco layer 2 switch can be deployed in classrooms, open plan offices, and retail stores. The pack contains accessories like mounting hardware, a power cord, and a quick start guide.
- Each of the 24 ports supports 10/100/1000 Mbps speed. They have a total power budget of 195W.
- Four 10G SFP+ ports are included.
- The switch is integrated with IEEE 802.1X to provide various security features. These features are safe network access, DoS attack prevention (boosts network uptime during an attack), and Access Control Lists (ACLs) (protects your network against unauthorized users).
- IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet compliance optimizes power usage to reduce operational costs.
- 3 years of limited hardware warranty is included.
Pros And Cons
You can benefit from smooth and fast data transfer to your devices with this IPCamPower PoE network switch. It contains a total of 26 ports composed of 24 PoE ports and 2 non-PoE Gigabit Uplink ports. The Uplink ports ensure fast data transfer of the whole network traffic from your cameras to power up the router and/or server/NVR.
Its compact size and fanless design make this IPCamPower PoE switch compatible with commercial applications. Its petite size allows you to use it in a desk mount. The switch is also suitable for home and small business applications. Enough mounting hardware is included in the pack.
- Each of the 802.3af/at PoE+ ports can provide up to 30W per port. This power is enough to operate cameras or devices that need very high wattage, for example, PTZ.
- It is also compatible with devices that need lower wattage POE power. It only delivers the power that the device requires.
- The total PoE budget is 250W. It is enough to power up at least 24 IP cameras with a combination of both Standard POE (IEEE802.3af) and POE+ (IEEE802.3at) devices.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best 24 Port PoE Switch?
If you want to simultaneously connect up to 24 devices to your network for power and data transfer, you can consider the factors discussed below. They help you to choose the best 24 port PoE switch meeting your needs.
1. Managed or Unmanaged
Managed 24-port PoE switches offer optimized network performance. They help you to configure extra features of the network. Moreover, they need an admin computer with full management authority. You can consider these switches if you want to get the most accurate control and manage the network.
The unmanaged 24-port PoE switches are plug-and-play and configurable. They are useful to those users willing to deploy a network and let it run automatically. They lack additional security. Moreover, they are less intelligent but more economical than the managed Gigabit switches.
The choice between a managed or unmanaged 24-port Gigabit switch depends on the network control and the subscribers level you want.
2. Stackable or Standalone
Commonly, the standalone 24-port PoE switch is used to deploy small business networks. In the standalone configuration, each 24-port PoE switch in the network is managed, troubleshot, and constituted as an individual entity. You can consider standalone 24-port PoE switches if you want to handle burgeoning networks. They boost the network’s capacity and streamline network management.
The stackable 24-port PoE switch is suitable for data centers or large enterprises that need network expansion in restricted space. These switches increase network availability and simplify network management. They are also suitable for small business networks or home users.
3. Fanless or Built-in Fans
The fanless 24-port PoE switches are designed with ventilation holes on both sides to efficiently dissipate heat. They are equipped with high-performance processors to offer full-speed forwarding and line-dormant capacity (to provide infinite service features).
On the other hand, the 24-port PoE switches with built-in fans dissipate the heat via their fans. So, they create annoying noises. Moreover, they consume more power compared to fanless 24-port PoE switches. If you intend a quiet environment then you can choose a fanless 24-port PoE switch.
The next crucial parameter to take into account is the switch’s durability. Most 24-port PoE switches are built with a powerful shielding and mounting rack. They would become fully secured if you mount them properly. But there will always be a risk of damage due to falls or shock.
A durable 24-port PoE switch can sustain casual impacts and shocks without harming the device’s internal components. They let your network run flawlessly. Make sure to securely install these switches to ensure their long life expectancy.
Frequently Asked Questions When Picking The Best 24 Port PoE Switch
1. Can you overload a 24-port PoE switch?
If you overload a 24-port PoE switch, it gives rise to poor connection between devices and poor network configuration. These factors lead to network congestion.
2. How does a lifetime warranty prove to be useful when using a 24-port PoE switch?
Although your 24-port PoE switch is not faulty, you may encounter awkward behavior after a few months or a year or so after using it. So, you must choose the 24 port PoE switch that supports lifetime variants so that you could receive professional support from the brand to solve the problem anytime.
3. Is it possible to connect a 24-port PoE switch to another 24-port PoE switch?
Yes, you can connect two identical 24-port PoE switches. The power is delivered by the PSE to the PD only after it acknowledges that the device can handle the power. Both these identical switches can work as PSEs, so there can be data communication between them.
4. Why a 24-port managed PoE switch is recommended for a network?
One of the prime reasons for using a 24-port managed PoE switch for a network is it provides security features. These features provide administrators with visibility and control. Moreover, the switch can also individually program each port to save power and make sure your network continues to run at peak efficiency. Moreover, a 24-port managed switch supports the growing need of an organization. It effectively responds to the dynamicity of the organization’s business operations.
These 24 port PoE switches are best suitable for entry-level enterprises or SMBs that require power for IP phones, IP cameras, wireless devices, and surveillance applications. They protect sensitive information and optimize the network bandwidth to efficiently transmit data. They allow 24 compatible devices to work simultaneously in areas where network connections or power outlets don’t exist. The best 24 port PoE switch provides flexibility for endpoints’ placement and saves businesses money on the expenses of installing network or electrical wiring.
Enjoyed this 24 port PoE switch review? Then be sure to check out our other guides.