As implied from the name, PoE injector adapter injects power into Ethernet cables to power up the devices. Generally, they are used for security cameras and VoIP phones that are located in places where power supply is unavailable. You can use one of the best PoE injector adapters to feed power to a particular wired network. Some of them directly plug into the wall outlet whereas others mount to a wall through a cord that connects to the outlet. They differ in terms of data transmission ports, the standard used for data transfer, and the data transmission speed.
Security services often use PoE injector adapters to connect cameras to a local network. So, the footage captured by the lens is quickly transferred over to the server, without plenty of setup steps. Moreover, these adapters keep your surveillance system working although other components of the local system fail. With the choice of the best PoE injector adapter from the following section, you can inject adequate power into your Ethernet cables.
List of The Best PoE Injector Adapter
Check out the thorough reviews of the best PoE injector adapter below.
TP-Link TL-PoE150S injector is the best PoE injector adapter on this list if you want to experience long-range transmission without compromising on speed. It can deliver power up to 100 meters (328 feet). It is a perfect choice for deploying access points and IP cameras in huge areas.
It can transform non-PoE to PoE and delivers data and power through a single Ethernet cable. You don’t have to substitute your existing non-PoE device/switch. The plug-and-play setup mechanism means that you don’t need any software configuration or installation. The pack includes an RJ45 cable and an installation guide.
- It comes with a Gigabit Ethernet input port and a Gigabit Ethernet output port to provide lightning-fast wired connectivity. Both these ports support the speed of 10/100/1000 Mbps to ensure reliable & fast connections for all applications.
- It is 802.3af PoE compliant, so it supplies data and power through a single Ethernet cable to 802.3af PoE devices. Moreover, 802.3af PoE compliant helps the adapter to extend your network to areas without power outlets or lines.
- Auto Detect technology is implemented to determine and provide the precise power supply to your devices with maximum 15.4 power output. It is compatible with a PoE splitter for expanding your network.
- The list of compatible OS includes Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, Vista XP, or Windows 7; Mac OS.
Pros And Cons
With this Cudy adapter, you can transform a non-PoE Gigabit port to a PoE/PoE + Gigabit port and connect a PoE device situated up to 100 meters away. The Cudy 30W adapter is one of the best PoE injector adapters for you if you have a PoE (802.3af) or PoE+ (802.3at) standard device and plan to use PoE technology to deliver both power and data to Ethernet cables.
It can be used with an IP camera in an office or home, as a VoIP phone in a conference room, or to deliver data and power to a wireless AP. The only requirement is that your device must support 802.3af or 802.3at standard. Its plug-and-play setup means you don’t need to install extra software or make any configuration changes. It supports most installation scenarios. Just connect your PoE network device.
- It comes with a 1 Gigabit Ethernet input port and 1 PoE + Gigabit Ethernet output port. Both of them can deliver up to 2 Gbps full duplex Ethernet speeds.
- Auto-sensing technology is implemented to let the injector deliver up to 30W power to an 802.3at PoE + device. In that case, the injector is backward compatible with 802.3af PoE (max. 15.4W power output) devices.
- It can detect both PoE and non-PoE equipment. For those PoE equipment that supports 802.3at or 802.3af standards, the adapter will communicate with them and deliver the necessary power. For non-standard POE equipment, it automatically detects and actively powers off to safeguard the equipment.
- Various protection features implemented are over-voltage protection, overload protection, over current protection, and anti-interference protection.
Pros And Cons
When the matter comes to very fast Ethernet speeds, the TRENDnet TPE-115GI PoE+ Injector is one of the best PoE injector adapters on this list. This is because it supports full duplex 2 Gbps Ethernet speeds. Its wall-mountable design is perfect for most installation scenarios. A power cord and a quick installation guide are included in the pack.
- It contains a Gigabit Ethernet port and a PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet port. A power supply is integrated.
- It supplies a PoE device with PoE+ (30W) or PoE (15.4W) power.
- Auto-sensing technology is implemented to supply up to 30W power to an 802.3at PoE+ device.
- The backward compatibility is provided for 802.3af PoE (15.4W) devices.
- It supports a PoE+ network connection with a transmission range of up to 100 meters.
Pros And Cons
You can set up this TP-LINK TL-PoE160S injector to eliminate the need for replacing your existing non-PoE device/switch. It lets you easily setup PoE enabled devices. The compatible devices are desktops and IP cameras.
- It is implemented with data link protocols like IEEE 802.3at, Gigabit Ethernet, and Ethernet.
- Both the 1× Gigabit Ethernet input port and 1× Gigabit Ethernet output port guarantees fast and reliable connections for all applications with 10/100/1000 Mbps speeds.
- The power transmission range is up to 100 meters (328 feet). This range is perfect for deploying access points or IP cameras in big areas.
- Being 802.3at/af PoE compliant, this injector delivers data and power through a single Ethernet cable to 802.3at/af PoE devices. Moreover, it extends the network to areas with no power outlets or lines.
- Auto Detect technology is implemented to let the injector deliver up to 30W power to any PoE+ device. The backward compatibility is supported for 802.3af PoE (max. 15.4W power) devices.
Pros And Cons
This BV-Tech PoE+ injector delivers up to 60W power to VoIP phones, wireless access points, IP cameras, and other devices. It can be one of the best PoE injector adapters if you want to add extra ports to a PoE switch through a Cat5 cable. You can mount it on a wall or surface. It can also be slotted sideways with multiple injectors. The incorporated power supply comes with a grounded AC cord.
- It complies with IEEE 802. 3at/af PoE standards.
- It is compatible with 10/100/1000Mbps Base-T networking devices.
- The implemented data link protocols are Gigabit Ethernet and IEEE 802 3af.
- The data transfer speed is 1000 Mbps.
- A PoE port and an Uplink port support 10/100/1000 Mbps speed each.
- The maximum power output it supports is 60W.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best PoE Injector Adapter?
Considering the following factors help you to choose the best PoE injector adapter that can efficiently inject power into Ethernet cables to run your devices.
1. Standard and maximum power per port
The standard used for PoE type-1 or typical PoE injectors is IEEE 802.3af. The standard used for PoE+ or type-2 PoE injectors is IEEE 802.3at. Both these technologies use 2-pair PoE. The value of maximum power per port is 15.4W for PoE type-1 and 30W for PoE+.
PoE++ Type 3 injector adapters and PoE++ Type 4 injector adapter use IEEE 802.3bt. The maximum power per port is 60W for PoE++ Type 3 and 100W for PoE++ Type 4 injector adapter. Both of them use 4-pair Power over Ethernet cables.
A PoE injector adapter is only useful if it can offer sufficient power to your network devices. So, you must check the supported maximum power output before choosing a PoE injector adapter. The entry-level PoE injector adapters deliver up to 15W power whereas the higher-end PoE injector adapters deliver up to 60W power.
2. Maximum transmission range
It is important to note that although you use a PoE injector adapter, the power within your wired network will decline with the distance. This happens due to attenuation that implies that the power over Ethernet is restricted by the distance of the wired network. So, you must consider the maximum transmission range before buying a PoE injector adapter. Usually, many reliable PoE injector adapters support up to 100 meters (or 328 feet) of transmission range which is enough to ensure efficient transmission.
3. Data Speed
The data transmission speed of PoE injector adapters can be different for different brands. The data speed is up to 1 Gbps (speed options are 10/100/1000 Mbps) over Cat5e and Cat6 cables. Those PoE injector adapters implemented with IEEE 802.3bz technology deliver data transmission speed in the range of 2.5 to 5 Gbps over Cat5e and Cat6 cables.
4. IEEE Compliance
Your PoE injector must be IEEE compliant with the latest standards to provide the best performance and excellent network compatibility. It is recommended to buy the ones that are 802.3af or 802.3at compliant. This is because they deliver fast speed and consume less power.
5. Security features
PoE injector adapters work as mediators between the device and the network switch. Security is a crucial factor to consider in ensuring safe data transmission. The reliable PoE injector adapters are been designed to protect the whole network against overloading, over-voltage, over-current, underpower, and interference. It is better to buy the one with these security features so that you can realize safe and reliable data transmission.
Frequently Asked Questions When Picking PoE Injector Adapter
1. How do you connect a PoE injector to a wired connection to deliver power output?
Any PoE injector is equipped with two ports. One of the ports works as an input from the network and the other one works as an output to the network. After connecting both these ports, your PoE injector will be a part of the network. So, it simultaneously offers power output and bypasses data packets.
2. What are the different options PoE Injectors use to remotely control the connected devices?
PoE injector handles both data and power transmission, so you can restart the connected devices either manually or depend on a schedule. You can use the remote connectivity option to simplify the process of analyzing and managing connected devices.
3. How do active PoE injectors ensure the safety of the connected devices?
Generally, active PoE injectors intelligently assess the power supply and feed it to the devices as per their needs. This functionality avoids the overloading of devices and also saves a considerable amount of power. So, the devices connected to the PoE injectors don’t burn out easily and safely receive the power.
4. How do PoE injectors decrease installation costs?
PoE-powered devices can be installed in areas where there is no power outlet around. You don’t need to hire an electrician to run circuit paths. You can effortlessly install the PoE injector and configure the device yourself. Usually, these injectors are designed with clear indications of the installation process. They don’t need extra wiring or an electrician and hence decrease the installation costs.
PoE injector adapters provide an alternative power substitute to various devices like switches, access points, panels, IP cameras, VoIP phones, and more. They don’t require a wireless connection and you can flexibly install them anywhere. They simplify the setup of electronic devices and also decrease expenses for network management and maintenance. The best PoE injector adapter allows you to easily configure the mentioned devices without compromising safety and reliability. They inject power and data on the same Ethernet cable to improve the network performance.
Enjoyed the PoE injector adapter review? Then be sure to check out our other guides.